VLC End of Season Awards - Nominate Your Young Player of The Season Here! | Vital Football

VLC End of Season Awards - Nominate Your Young Player of The Season Here!

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
The deadline is 21:00 next Thursday! Please state one player's name and your reason(s) for the nomination!

Going for Jovon Makama. Took a lot of stick this season both from inside the grounds and on-line but stuck to his job and improved immensely as the season progressed. That match winning moment against Leyton Orient was one of the moments of the season. Showed mental strength to keep at it this season

Also going for Jovon Makama. For such a young and inexperienced player he was required to carry the burden of leading the forward line for the first half of the season, largely due to the injuries to so many forwards. Jovon has improved as the season has gone on and he is well supported by the coaching staff. Jovon will have gained so much as a player and a person this season and we all want to see him progress further.

Yep, Jovon for me. Stepped up before he was ready but and held the line on his own. Once Skoobs got hold of him and he played in a front two you could visibly see the confidence rise in him and he started to show what a terrific prospect he can be. still a little inconsistent but he shows all the attributes to at least L1 level.

Makama for me too - an impossible job early on but he improved greatly as the season went on - obviously willing and able to learn, so should have a very good future ahead of him

Makama would be my preference too, not least for one of the moments of the season with that brilliant winner v Orient.

But he's run close by Freddie Draper and I'm happy to nominate Freddie to offer a choice.

Only half a season with the Imps with some injury issues in that time, but a highly successful loan at Walsall, and some good moments back here including 2 vital goals late in the season. The comment that Freddie & Joe Taylor "took £1m off Cashin's value" v Derby in January still makes me laugh.

For those questioning the value of the Academy. When the youth team had its FA Youth Cup run in 2020-21 with matches live streamed, the 2 strikers were Freddie and Jovon. At times this season they've been together in the first team. Still raw, still learning, but progressing and it all takes time.

Makamas come along very well this season and I've loved to see it, but has to be Draper for me. Was a season-changing player for a club not that much smaller than us for half the year, then was a very strong physical option for us in the second half. Cannot believe how young he is!

I'm going for Sean Roughan.

This season saw his game develop to another level, he cut out many of the mistakes from the previous season, his temperament was much better than previous seasons and 39 games played (35 starts) shows how much he has improved over the previous season.

Joe Taylor for me - Blistering pace who couldn't hit a barn door in his first game, who turned into a top player in his short time here.

Sean Roughan, had a stinker of a final game this season but overall this season he was excellent for his age.

Roughan for me to. Has proved he is an average wing back but has shown how good he is as a left sided centre back. Established in a top 7 side at such a young age.
Feels like he has been here forever but still a young man.